Halloween, ate too much but got plenty of exercise. It must have balanced out because I did not gain any weight.
Spent the week getting Hattie ready for her new life as a legal adult. We got her college stuff ready and have been planning her birthday weekend. I am hoping she will throw in a little gift for me too and come to church with us on Sunday.
I did learn something this week but I do not really know what it means. I have talked previously about how I am struggling with my feeling toward my daughter and wanting to want to forgive her (that sounds strange). I learned that if I meditate on it for too long then I will spin myself in the exact opposite direction. I was working on trying to come to terms with how she has treated the family for the past three years and ended up extremely angry and crying for a day straight. I guess I am not going to be able to move forward on this until I see something that shows that she cares about the family and not just herself. Shoot, she does not even seem to care for herself from what I have seen. Whatever she is going through, I cannot grasp.
Well, there you go! That is all there was to me this week. No profound philosophy this week.
Big birthday weekend. My girl turns 18 tomorrow.
Wish me luck!
P.S. The soon to be 18 daughter is not the same daughter I am trying to settle bad feelings over.
ReplyDelete