I missed a few blogs. Got a little lost there. I guess it happens. Not too happy I did it, but glad that I am back. So, let me tell you what I have been up to. I think you will see I am still making progress.
One of the reasons I seem to fail at loosing weight is I just plain give up. Between the cravings and learning a new routine and all the hassle of getting started, I tend to can the whole thing after about a month. I am proud to say, I muscled through it and I am still on my diet. *cheers* I am officially 259! I have lost a bag of potatoes! I am not getting to the gym hardly at all. But I did wear my skates to work last night. Wow, was I pooped at the end of that shift! And I am taking the kids to the rink on Tuesday. I cannot wait! But I really need to do my weight training. Grr I am frustrated with myself on the whole get moving thing. But I have had a lot going on the past few weeks.
I went to visit my cousin a couple of weeks back. She was by best friend growing up. Once you got us in the same zip code there was no way we could be parted until time to go home. Heck once you got us in the same STATE! Well, the visit was terrific and I discovered that her older sister (the cousin I have never really known because she is 10 years older than me) is really awesome too. Talk about great! I can honestly say that was a life changing trip for me. I am much less scared of my family. But that would be a whole other blog so on to the next thing.
I have turned in my resignation at Walgreen's and my last day is this coming Friday. I am excited and terrified at the same time. Walgreen's has been key to my families ability to turn around. They took us from seven people living in a two bedroom trailer to a four bedroom condo. Between Walgreen's and the volunteer work my parents put in towards us we would never have made it this far. I know we owe it all to God. But letting go of Walgreen's is turning out to be more difficult than I thought it would be. I am glad I am getting out. Working from home is going to be much better for the kids development and Vance's job has much better benefits. I know it is the right move. But I am confident in my abilities at Walgreen's and not so confident in my medical transcription. Logic says I will get much better. My self worth is just the opposite. But here I go. *JUMP*
I have not been praying like I should. I really only get one in about every three days and most of the time it is just a quick "hey, how are you" and I am off again. When I do remember to say "Lord please be my strength," I have a much easier day. But getting it through my head seems to be harder than it should be. I guess it is the devil in side of me holding me back. I have not been finding the time which is the problem really.
I seem to be trying to put everything off until school starts. I must kick my own @$$ to get back on track. I believe it is fear making me cop out so much. I have two days off soon and three more days of Walgreen's. Then my time management will be a whole new ball park. Wish me luck!
I will attest that my mom and dad and CC and her kids were all really glad to have been able to visit even though it was so short. Next time you make it up this way we will set aside a day or two for the beach! :)
ReplyDelete