Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Working on Faith

I was heading into work the other day and saying my prayers as I drive. *It is about the only time I have that is quiet.* I prayed to God that I was afraid Vance and I were not doing the right thing with me prematurely quiting Walgreen's and all. That I was afraid we were not going where He wanted us but where we wanted us.

Later that day I was told that Walgreen's has phased out Assistant Managers all together in Ohio. This from a pharmacist in that area. I am taking that as God's sign to me that we are doing His will. I also could not help but inwardly gloat that my prediction of MGT's no longer being a part of the Walgreen's plan was accurate. If they stay with that or decide against it as a result of their efforts in Ohio, I am not so concerned about now. But I do feel that I made quite a connection with God that day and am less concerned about making the right move in our lives.

Now, I have to finish putting it in God's hands to worry about what is coming next. Sitting back and letting it happen has not been my strongest quality. I am a bit of a control freak. But I need to give up that control so God can guide us. After all, he can see the road and I am really only looking at the car in front of me. It is much safer to let him drive. He can see farther in front than I.

With three shifts left that has been on my mind a lot these past few days. Hope I can be in a better mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment