Tragic week for me! I have been a bad bad kitty. On my diet anyway.
I gained 2 pounds! I stepped on the scale and then tried it again. I did so well the second half of the week. But i guess it just does not make up for the first half of the week and going on an egg roll bender. And a cake ball bender. I tried out a cake ball recipe for a friend's birthday. They were great. So, I made some more a few days later. That same birthday party we had loompias. Traditionally these are little fried rolls of meat heaven! So I ate way too many while getting ready for the party. Then, two days latter I pulled out some more. Finally a friend of mine said I needed to figure a better way and insisted I figure out how to bake them instead. That at least help some. They were really good baked! But I still ate about 20 of them.
I managed to get to the gym three times this week. I am at the part of my plan that I am supposed to be going 4 - 5 times a week. I guess we will see. NO! Scratch that! I am doing it. I can barely lift my arms over my shoulders but I am still going. *so sore*
In summery, I started my diet weighing about 278 or so. I am down to 158. Wow! I just realized I lost two bags of potatoes. Sweet! That helped a little in getting over my 2 pound gain. I am just gonna work harder at staying to my diet this week. I am making more cake balls this weekend for a little party we are having for my youngest daughter's birthday. it s a little early but since she was born on labor day weekend, if we are gonna have friends for the birthday than we need to have it early. I cannot wait! BATH JUNKIE!!!!!! some hopefully the pops are a big ht and there will not be many leftovers.
I got back on board with praying for my diet again about Wednesday. I have had an easier time these past two days. I am also praying for my brother Jim as we come to a close on the construction on his house next week. It will be so good for him to have his house back. My husband also needs prayers as his work environment has become hostile and it is putting his job in danger. My Henry is facing quite a challenge this year as it seems that he missed out on education of any kind in 3rd grade. I like to pray about friends who come to me with things to vent about or a shoulder to lean on, and my cousin as she is engaged with, most likely, the hardest job she will ever have. Staying at home with three very young kids. There seems to be so much going on, yet God still found the time to grant me diet strength these past few days. I am honored.
I think I am going to end on that happy note. My daughter Hattie says I need to think better of myself. Happy note endings are good for that kind of stuff.
Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment