Well I completed my first week of Weight Watchers and found myself praying two to three times a day. But God got me through it and I lost 7 pounds. Nice, right? The problem is, that was one long week!
So I am not an excited dieter. I about mugged one of my employees when she offered me gum. Poor lady at first was scared and then could not stop laughing at my excitement over gum. So, maybe I do not have this "how to eat my points and not be hungry" figured out yet. God got me through it and I am just gonna have to learn what makes this work for me. I am sure to be on it for over a year. Then I will have to learn how to maintain it. *gulp* One step at a time.
I did get a test in on my studies this week. Yet again, I was almost late for work because I got caught up in my studies. I really cannot wait for this career change. I am just as scared of it though. I know it will take me some time to get in a groove. I hope to get there quickly. Our budget needs it to be quick. So does my ego, I am ashamed to admit.
What has been the thing to slip through the cracks is my attitude. I did try to make sure I did something completely for someone else, everyday. I also made an effort to change my way of praying. Asking for permission instead of asking for wants. Asking for inspiration instead of the rewards that come at the end of my goals. I still find myself being vane at times and trying to ask for my wants and not what God wants. Those thoughts really cloud my heart and block out what the Lord is trying to say to me. But I know I would not have made it through this week without Him. So He must have forgiven me.
I get to weigh in again next Thursday. Oh boy. Please hold on to me Lord. I need your strength.
No comments:
Post a Comment