Well, week two of my diet came with cravings and loss of only one pound. But I knew this would be the tendency because I have been an avid watcher of Biggest Looser for a few years. I benged twice this week too, so that did not help. But at least I lost a pound.
I did manage to go to the gym three times this week, which was good. I have an appointment with a trainer tomorrow. Maybe I can get a clue. So far, all I have really managed to do is loosen up my joints a little so I feel more feeble. I am trying to remember this gets better. I am remembering why I never make it very far when I do this kind of thing. The second week is very discouraging. But I had cheese this morning, so I am feeling a little less depressed. *happy face*
Not really made any other break through on my spiritual growth this week. I am still having to make an active effort to pray daily. I miss it being second nature. You would think that missing the routine would make getting back to it easier. But, not the fact for me.
The Lord has been good to us this week all the same. A HUGE maple tree cut my brother's house in half this week (hence the benging). But, thanks to knowing an owner of a tree company through work, we got it taken out rather quickly. My dad has kind of taken over the repairs while I take care of my brother. I know that God is involved here because my dad's reaction is not normal for him and my brother is doing terrific, plus I did not fall apart during the whole tree removal thing (not my forte). So things are as good as they could be in regards to dealing with a storm fiasco.
I missed out on a good deal of studying this week, but I did manage to get some more in yesterday. I always feel better when I study. There is just something about it. I am going with God's grace. This has been a test of faith for me too. I am terrified to let go of my current job. I no longer enjoy it and most of the time I feel I am not allowed to be part of my family so long as I still work there. But, there is a sense of security there. I mean, I am not going to make quite as much at my new job at first, and I am giving up my benefits. It will take me a little to get a routine going and bring in a comparable pay check. So, I am trying to put the fear in God's hands and just do my part. God has this all planned out. I need to just relax and go with it. The control freak in me is finding this difficult.
So I have completed two weeks of taking my life back to a place where I am a whole person once again. Time to press on. Wish me luck! See you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment